Resources for Distance Instructors
EDS Curriculum Builder
EDS Curriculum Builder is a plug-in that allows you to quickly and easily create reading lists for your students in your Moodle classes.
To add EDS Curriculum Builder to your Moodle course:
- Log in to your Moodle course and turn editing on
- Add an activity, select "External tool" from the menu, then hit "Add"
- In the General section:
- Name the activity (e.g., "Weekly Readings")
- For External tool type, select 'EDS Curriculum Builder'
- Include the 'Launch URL': http://curriculumbuilder.ebscohost.com/lti.php
- For Launch Container, switch from 'Default' to 'New Window'
- Hit "Save and return to course" or "Save and display"
To add readings to EDS Curriculum Builder:
- Launch EDS Curriculum Builder in your Moodle course. A basic search box will appear that allows you to search by keyword, author, or title for resources to add to your reading list
- After you've located the resource you want to add, hit the "Add to Reading List" button
- To review the readings you've selected, use the "See Current Reading List" link at the top of the page. This will also allow you to add notes for specific readings, sort the order in which the readings are listed, and add links to web resources.
To view the reading list as your students will, switch your role to "student" in your Moodle settings. All listed readings will be links that will take your students to a page with a detailed record of the resource. The full-text will be linked on the left side of that page.