Synchronize Your Library
If you regularly use more than one computer in your research, Zotero's sync feature can keep your library up to date on all of them. Zotero can store a copy of your library on the Zotero.org server and check it for updates whenever you open your library on a different computer. All your computers must be running the same version of Zotero.
First, set up a (free, of course):
- Open Zotero preferences (via the gear menu) and select the Sync tab.
- Enter your Zotero user name and password.
- Check the "sync automatically" box.
- Check both boxes under File Syncing and choose Zotero storage for My Library. This will sync your PDF attachments as well as citations
- Select the green circular arrow button at the top right corner of the Zotero window.
- Zotero will upload your library to the server.
Repeat this configuration on each of your computers. Any updates you make on one of your computers will be reflected on the others. This even works to synchronize your library among Windows, Mac, and Linux computers.
For more details and help troubleshooting sync problems:
Content on this page was borrowed from Zotero by Jason Puckett, licensed by Georgia State University Library under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License, and from Zotero by the University of Michigan Library, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.