- Edith Garland Dupré Library
- Research Guides
- Resources for Mechanical Engineering
- Internet & Other Resources
Resources for Mechanical Engineering
A guide to books, eBooks, journal articles, Internet resources and other material on the subject area of mechanical engineering.
- Find Articles
- Find Books
- Full Text Online Journals
- Internet & Other Resources
- Questions? Ask Us!
Other Engineering Guides
Search Google Scholar
- Google ScholarFrom one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, and other sources. Google Scholar provides links to Dupré Library to check for availability. Include 'library.louisiana.edu' in the library links section of your Google Scholar settings to automatically link to full-text through the library.
Call: (337) 482-6030
Text: (337) 205-7558
Visit: 1st Floor - Dupré Library
Form: Submit Your Question
Hours: Reference Desk/Chat
Note: Reference Chat and Email services are primarily for the students, faculty, and staff of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The department will assist the public if the question concerns the University or some unique resource of Dupré Library, such as Federal government publications.
Selected Web Resources for Engineering
- American Society of Mechanical EngineersComprehensive site providing current news, policy, codes and standards, MEMagazine Online, education, careers, events and more.
- eFluidsA free resource for fluid dynamics and flow engineering.
- EngNet Engineering NetworkPowerful directory-search engine-buyers guide service aimed specifically at the engineering industry.
- Engineering.comExcellent online source for engineers of all disciplines. Extensive directory, educator's resources, free tools, forum, career center, directories, and even textbook rentals.
- Eng-Tips ForumsPopular website for engineering professionals to exchange ideas and assistance. Online forums include specific disciplines from aeronautics engineering to structural engineering; other forums include hot topics, careers and even a section on proper language usage. Check out their Linked-In group, Networking for Eng-Tips.com Forums Members
- GlobalSpecA leading specialized vertical search, information services and electronic publishing company serving the engineering, manufacturing and related scientific and technical market segments. Newsletters, product listings, broad range of proprietary and aggregated Web-based content.
- iCrank.com: The Mechanical Engineering PortalOffers a knowledge base with design tools, a blog, trade associations, directory of US vendors, announcements and links to websites and newsgroups.
- MatWeb: Online Materials Information ResourceComprehensive database of material properties. Searchable with over 99,000 materials listed.
Videos from Engineering Motion
- Engineering MotionA collection of engineering and technology related videos and demos. Browse videos on mechanical engineering.