Resources for English
- Getting Started
- Finding Articles
- Finding Books
- Reference Materials
- Writing/Citation Help
- Ernest J. Gaines Center This link opens in a new window
- Questions? Ask Us!
Call: (337) 482-6030
Text: (337) 205-7558
Visit: 1st Floor - Dupré Library
Form: Submit Your Question
Hours: Reference Desk/Chat
Note: Reference Chat and Email services are primarily for the students, faculty, and staff of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The department will assist the public if the question concerns the University or some unique resource of Dupré Library, such as Federal government publications.
Room 153 (behind the mural in Reference)
About This Guide
The purpose of this guide is to give students and researchers one place to find a collection of resources in starting their research on English, folklore and literature-related topics. As with other guides, it is updated regularly, so make a suggestion if you find that it is missing something. It is by no means meant to be a complete list of resources, merely a starting point.
- Finding ArticlesA list of databases on the subject
- Finding BooksGives a few different options on searching for books in the catalog, both in electronic and print form
- Reference MaterialsSimilarly has a list of both electronic and physical copies of reference materials
- Writing/Citation HelpGives links to more information on both writing and citing sources
- Ernest J. Gaines CenterResearch on Ernest Gaines and/or African American writing should start with this guide
Other Links of Note:
- Dupré Library - Catalog SearchSearch the Dupré Library Catalog to find print books, eBooks, periodical titles, and government documents.
Department of English
Other Related Guides
by Jennifer Hamilton Last Updated May 30, 2023 23 views this year
Resources for History
by Jennifer Hamilton Last Updated Jun 2, 2023 85 views this year
Legislative Research: U.S. Government Information Resources
by Sandy Himel Last Updated Jun 2, 2023 1 views this year
Resources for French & Francophone Studies
by Peter Klubek Last Updated Jun 2, 2023 10 views this year