POLS 414: Congress and The Presidency
Resources for Dr. Christie Maloyed's classes about the US Congress and the Office of the President of the United States
- Looking for Research Articles?
- Electronic Databases
- Full Text Journals
- Find Books & eBooks
- U.S. Congress
- The President of the United States
- Questions? Ask Us!
Call: (337) 482-6030
Text: (337) 205-7558
Visit: 1st Floor - Dupré Library
Form: Submit Your Question
Hours: Reference Desk/Chat
Note: Reference Chat and Email services are primarily for the students, faculty, and staff of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The department will assist the public if the question concerns the University or some unique resource of Dupré Library, such as Federal government publications.
- U.S. Congress Research Starter (EBSCO)Provides a brief overview of the duties and responsibilities of Congress.
- Topic Page: Congress of the United States (Credo Reference)Features reference book entries about Congress and related topics.
Questions about the subject guides featured here should be referred to Sandy Himel, Government Information Librarian at email@example.com.
- Congress and LegislationThe guide contains links to numerous legislative resources including the Congressional Record, the United States Code, and the U.S. Statutes at Large.
- Legislative Research: Federal ResourcesConsult this guide for more detailed research help in locating the status or text of a bill or other legislation, bill legislative histories and Congressional reports, documents, and hearings.
- Congressional Hearings (1995 to present)Transcripts of House and Senate committee hearings.
- Congressional Record (1994 to present)The official record of the proceedings and debates of Congress. Published daily when Congress is in session.
- Congressional Reports (1995 to present)House and Senate committee reports related to proposed legislation and issues under investigation.
- United States CodeCodification by subject of the general and permanent laws of the United States.
- United States Statutes at Large (1951 to present)Permanent collection of laws and resolutions enacted during each session of Congress
- Congress.govSearch for bills, committee reports, and roll call votes.
- Congressional DirectoryOfficial directory of the U.S. Congress. Find biographies and contact information of each member of the Senate and House, listed by state or district.
- House.govThe official website of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Senate.govThe official website of the U.S. Senate.