Resources for General Engineering
- Getting Started
- Find Articles
- Find Books
- Full Text Online Journals
- Internet & Other Resources
- Questions? Ask Us!
Links to All Guides
Call: (337) 482-6030
Text: (337) 205-7558
Visit: 1st Floor - Dupré Library
Form: Submit Your Question
Hours: Reference Desk/Chat
Note: Reference Chat and Email services are primarily for the students, faculty, and staff of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The department will assist the public if the question concerns the University or some unique resource of Dupré Library, such as Federal government publications.
Looking for Research Articles?
To find articles on a current topic in engineering, check out one of these databases. Magazine and journal articles are usually published more quickly than books and other information, so they are most useful for finding recent information.
Remember, these databases are only for use by University of Louisiana at Lafayette students, faculty and staff. Use your ULID and password to access from off-campus.
- Dupré Library - Reference Online Center (ROC)The library's Reference Online Center has many other databases listed, from general to specific.
- Dupré Library - DatabasesSee a complete list of databases
- Dupré Library - Databases on EngineeringFind database on the subject of engineering
- ABI/INFORM Collection (ProQuest) This link opens in a new windowincludes important full‐text journals and much sought after titles from key trade publications, dissertations, conference proceedings, and market reports
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowFull text coverage and indexing of scholarly journal, magazine and newspaper articles for most academic disciplines.
- Credo Reference This link opens in a new windowFull text, online reference sources including dictionaries, encyclopedias, biographies, quotations, and bilingual dictionaries. Content pages also include news, images, and videos.
- Dissertations & Theses Global (ProQuest) This link opens in a new windowProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1743 to the present day and offering full text for graduate works added since 1997, along with selected full text for works written prior to 1997. It contains a significant amount of new international dissertations and theses both in citations and in full text.
- Engineering Village This link opens in a new windowincludes over 17 million peer-reviewed and indexed publications; articles in press from 1,261 journals.
- GreenFILE (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowFull text coverage of scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles offering well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Topics include: global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more.
- IEEE Xplore Digital Library This link opens in a new windowcomprises over 160 journals, over 1,200 conference proceedings, more than 3,800 technical standards, over 1,000 eBooks and over 300 educational courses
- Momentum Press Digital Library (IG Publishing) This link opens in a new windoweBooks in Civil Engineering
- ThomasNet This link opens in a new windowA searchable platform for manufacturers, distributors, and service providers in the U.S. and Canada. Researchers have access to product sourcing information, downloadable CAD drawings, industry news, and white papers.
- Website not maintained by Library
- Subjects: Computer Science, Engineering, Business & Economics, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Economics & Finance, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Petroleum Engineering
- ScienceDirect Freedom Collection This link opens in a new windowhome to almost one-quarter of the world's peer-reviewed full-text scientific, technical and medical content; trusted source of over 2,500 journals and more than 33,000 books
- Science & Technology Collection (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowContains over 800 leading full text journals; this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 1,700 publications
- Web of Science Core Collection This link opens in a new windowComprehensive index to the top scientific and scholarly research journals in the world. The collection includes the Arts & Humanities Citation Index, Social Sciences Collection Index and Science Citation Index.
[The new Web of Science interface has compatibility issues with Internet Explorer. Please use another internet browser when using Web of Science.]