Partnership of academic and research institutions that provides full-text access to millions of titles books, journals and other digital resources viewable in PDF format. Coverage: varies by title, updated regularly.
Searches the full-text of books and magazines.
- Books in the public domain are available in full-text online and can be downloaded for free.
- Books under copyright still appear in search results with snippets or a preview available.
- Books out of copyright generally have the entire contents available.
After locating book, use the "Find in a library" link to find a local library that owns the title.
- Provides free access to books, periodicals, primary source documents, video, audio and archived web pages
- Public domain materials are available in full text and downloadable in a variety of formats, including PDF, EPUB, and MOBI
- Provides access to millions of digitized objects from libraries, archives and museums around the United States
- Materials include books, photographs, moving images, sound recordings and more
- Some materials are available for download
- Browsable and searchable by map, timeline, format or topic
- Provides access to digitized print materials like newspapers and books, as well as photographs, motion pictures, sound recordings, maps, born digital materials and more
- Many materials are rare and unavailable elsewhere
- A Virtual Reference Shelf and Ask a Librarian services are available to assist with research