Note: Reference Chat and Email services are primarily for the students, faculty, and staff of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The department will assist the public if the question concerns the University or some unique resource of Dupré Library, such as Federal government publications.
A partnership of academic and research institutions that provides full-text access to books, journals, and other digital resources viewable in PDF format.
- Coverage: varies by title, updated regularly
- Website not maintained by Library
- Subjects: General, History, Humanities, Literature, English, eBooks, Government & Law, Modern Languages
Searches the full-text of books and magazines.
- Books in the public domain are available in full-text online and can be downloaded for free.
- Books under copyright still appear in search results with snippets or a preview available.
- Books out of copyright generally have the entire contents available.
After locating book, use the "Find in a library" link to find a local library that owns the title.
- Provides free access to books, periodicals, primary source documents, video, audio and archived web pages
- Public domain materials are available in full text and downloadable in a variety of formats, including PDF, EPUB, and MOBI
- Provides access to millions of digitized objects from libraries, archives and museums around the United States
- Materials include books, photographs, moving images, sound recordings and more
- Some materials are available for download
- Browsable and searchable by map, timeline, format or topic
- Provides access to digitized print materials like newspapers and books, as well as photographs, motion pictures, sound recordings, maps, born digital materials and more
- Many materials are rare and unavailable elsewhere
- A Virtual Reference Shelf and Ask a Librarian services are available to assist with research