Adobe Digital Editions
We recommend using Adobe Digital Editions to download eBooks to your laptop or desktop computer. In order to download EBSCO eBooks, you must have Adobe Digital Editions 1.7.1 or higher installed. Adobe Digital Editions is a free download available at this link:
To Install Adobe Digital Editions
- Select Install.
- Select Yes.
- Follow prompts until installation is complete.
To Download an eBook using Adobe Digital Editions
- Use the Download (Offline) link for the eBook you would like to download. If you are not logged in to your personal My EBSCOhostfolder, you will be prompted to do so. Tap Create a new Account if you do not already have a personal My EBSCOhostfolder.
- Select a 'Checkout period' from the drop-down menu and use the Checkout & Download button. (**Note: See EBSCO: PDF or ePub Selection) The eBook is added to the Checkout area of the folder, accessible from the upper-right corner of the EBSCOhost interface.
- Select to Open or Save the file from the resulting dialog box. If you Open the file, your eBook is opened with Adobe Digital Editions. If you Save the file, the eBook is saved to your computer and can be opened with Adobe® Digital Editions at a later time.
- When a downloaded eBook is opened, it is displayed in Adobe Digital Editions.