Resources for Distance Learners
- Find Articles
- Find Books
- Database Tutorials
- Statewide Borrowing
- Document & Book Delivery
- Interlibrary Loan
- Writing Help
- Questions? Ask Us!
Call: (337) 482-6030
Text: (337) 205-7558
Visit: 1st Floor - Dupré Library
Form: Submit Your Question
Hours: Reference Desk/Chat
Note: Reference Chat and Email services are primarily for the students, faculty, and staff of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The department will assist the public if the question concerns the University or some unique resource of Dupré Library, such as Federal government publications.
Online Style Guide Information
- MLA Formatting and Style GuideFrom the Purdue Online Writing Lab
- APA Formatting and Style GuideFrom the Purdue Online Writing Lab
- Chicago Manual of Style Online This link opens in a new windowFunded by Dupré Library
Online Writing Resources
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)A free, award-winning service that houses resources on all types of writing, including research and citation, job search writing, English as a Second Language, and technical writing. Users may submit short writing-related questions to the Owl Mail Tutors or test their language and writing skills with the OWL Exercise Pages.
- OWL @ Purdue YouTube ChannelA growing repository of brief vidcasts created by the Purdue Online Writing Lab. Vidcasts cover a variety of topics, including writing résumés, brainstorming and prewriting, grammar, and more.
The Writing Center
The UL Lafayette Department of English provides writing assistance at its Writing Center located in the library on the 1st floor in Room 155, around the corner from the Reference Desk.
In-person tutoring services are offered during the Fall and Spring semesters to help students, faculty, and staff from all disciplines at any stage in the writing process. Resources for those writing in English as a second language are also available.
Visit the Writing Center for more information and hours.