HIST 490: U.S. in the World in the 20th Century
- Find Online Primary Sources
- Find Articles & Dissertations
- Find Books
- Find Newspapers & Periodicals
- Interlibrary Loan
- Questions? Ask Us!
Call: (337) 482-6030
Text: (337) 205-7558
Visit: 1st Floor - Dupré Library
Form: Submit Your Question
Hours: Reference Desk/Chat
Note: Reference Chat and Email services are primarily for the students, faculty, and staff of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The department will assist the public if the question concerns the University or some unique resource of Dupré Library, such as Federal government publications.
Interlibrary Loan - Request Articles
In order to request articles through the Interlibrary Loan Department, you must complete the following steps:
- Create an ILLiad account. Select 'First Time User' at the bottom of the screen.
- Load money onto your Cajun Card. Each individual article request costs $2, and this money must be available prior to requesting an article.
- Log in to the ILLiad system, select the appropriate request from the left-hand toolbar.
- You will receive an email notification from the email address provided when your article is ready, and the steps necessary to retrieve it.
Visit the Interlibrary Loan Department for more information, such as processing times and contact information.
Interlibrary Loan - Request Books
In order to request books, microfilm, or any other physical item from the Interlibrary Loan office, as an undergraduate student, you must have an Undergraduate Privileges Form (PDF) completed and on file for each request. This form must be signed by your professor and returned to the Interlibrary Loan Department in person prior to making your request through the ILLiad system.
- Get the Undergraduate Privileges Form (PDF) signed by your professor
- Return the form to the Interlibrary Loan Office
- Make the official request online through the ILLiad system.
- Create an ILLiad account. Select 'First Time Users' at the bottom of the screen.
- Log in and use the left-hand toolbar, select the appropriate category for your request.
- The Interlibrary Loan Department will email you status updates about your item, and when it is ready for pick-up.