HIST 490: U.S. in the World in the 20th Century
- Find Online Primary Sources
- Find Articles & Dissertations
- Find Books
- Find Newspapers & Periodicals
- Interlibrary Loan
- Questions? Ask Us!
Call: (337) 482-6030
Text: (337) 205-7558
Visit: 1st Floor - Dupré Library
Form: Submit Your Question
Hours: Reference Desk/Chat
Note: Reference Chat and Email services are primarily for the students, faculty, and staff of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The department will assist the public if the question concerns the University or some unique resource of Dupré Library, such as Federal government publications.
Library Floor Plan
Search These Places
Search the Dupré Library Catalog to find print books, eBooks, periodical titles, and government documents.
|Search the Dupré Library Catalog|
|Books, eBooks, Journals, Magazines, Media, Government Documents, Microforms, and more.|
|For best results, start with a Keyword search.|
|Full Catalog Detailed Search | My Account | Louisiana Digital Library|
- WorldCat via FirstSearch (OCLC) This link opens in a new windowCataloging information for books, maps, musical scores, periodicals, and other materials. Many of the holdings at Dupré Library are included, as well as holdings for other libraries in Louisiana, the U.S., and worldwide. Interlibrary Loan requests can be made using WorldCat.
- Coverage: most current file, updated continually
- Received through LOUIS membership
- Subjects: General, History, Library Science, Literature, English
Browsing the stacks? Try looking in these areas.
History - United States - Diplomatic history. Foreign and general relations
History - United States - Diplomatic history. Relations with individual countries
History - United States - Twentieth century
History - United States - Later twentieth century
Political science - United States
Political science - International relations
Chicago Manual of Style
- Chicago Manual of Style Online This link opens in a new window
Available online through Dupré Library. The Chicago Manual of Style provides recommendations on editorial style and publishing practices. The online reference guide includes the full text of the 16th and 17th editions. The database also includes a: Style Q & A,, a Chicago-Style Citation Quick Guide and convenient tools such as a sample correspondence and proofreaders' marks.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
Subject headings are a fast way to retrieve all the records in a catalog or database for materials that have the same topic. If you find a good article through a keyword search, try looking at the subject headings (usually listed in the detailed record) to discover if any of them match your topic.
Here are a few suggested general subject headings. Use them to find resources in:
- WorldCat via FirstSearch (OCLC) This link opens in a new window
General Subject Headings
- Diplomatic relations
- United States - Foreign economic relations
- United States - Foreign Relations
- United States - Foreign Relations - 1933-1945
- United States - Foreign Relations - 1945-1953
- United States - Foreign Relations -1953-1961
- United States - Foreign Relations - 1961-1963
- United States - Foreign Relations - 1963-1969
- United States - Foreign Relations - 1969-1974
- United States - Foreign Relations - 1974-1977
- United States - Foreign Relations - 1977-1981
- United States - Foreign Relations - 1981-1989
- United States - Foreign Relations - 1989-1993
- United States - Foreign Relations - 20th century
- United States - History - 20th century
- United States - Politics and government - 20th century