Note: Reference Chat and Email services are primarily for the students, faculty, and staff of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The department will assist the public if the question concerns the University or some unique resource of Dupré Library, such as Federal government publications.
Full-text encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources for most academic disciplines.
- Coverage: most current edition, updated regularly
- Received through LOUIS membership
- Subjects: General, eBooks, Reference
This collection may be accessed directly from any computer at UL and may be accessed off-campus. Just be sure to sign in with your CLID so that you may be recognized as a UL Lafayette user.
Each book is listed in the library's catalog. Click on the URL and a new window will take you to that title. All eBooks are in Adobe Digital Editions or PDF format. The entire UL collection may also be searched at the library's main website.
Need help checking out or downloading an eBook? See our Ebooks guide for help!
Full-text reference sources from Oxford University Press for most academic disciplines. Subscription includes access to English and bilingual dictionaries, thesauruses, quotations, maps, and much more.
- Coverage: updated monthly
- Purchased by Dupré Library in conjunction with LOUIS
- Note: Only one (1) user is allowed to use this resource at a time due to the licensing agreement with the database provider. Try again later if you experience access issues.
- Subjects: General, Reference
Searches the full-text of books and magazines.
- Books in the public domain are available in full-text online and can be downloaded for free.
- Books under copyright still appear in search results with snippets or a preview available.
- Books out of copyright generally have the entire contents available.
After locating book, use the "Find in a library" link to find a local library that owns the title.