Introduction to College English Research
Find the peer-reviewed articles and other resources you will need for annotated bibliographies and papers in your college English classes.
STEP 1: Start Your Research Notes
- Taking good notes from your very first search will save you a lot of time
- Keep your research notes somewhere you can always get to easily -- in the Cloud using Google Docs, Dropbox, etc., or on a USB drive on your keychain.
- Track search terms, successful database searches, article citations, and permalinks to get back to the articles you find.
STEP 2: Gather Background Info
- Quickly gather and read some good overviews on your topic
- These will help you
- Finalize your topic - learn what aspects of the topic interest you the most
- Brainstorm search terms - Can't find anything on your topic? Good search terms (and lots of them) will make or break your research. Your librarians can help -- use ref desk and chat!
- Find subject experts, recommended data sources, and articles
- Last Updated: Apr 8, 2019 2:23 PM
- URL: https://louisiana.libguides.com/englishresearch
- Print Page