Edith Garland Dupré Library Distance Learning Appropriations Policy
The purpose of the Edith Garland Dupré Library Distance Learning Appropriations Policy is to direct the addition, maintenance, and removal of library resources selected by the DL Appropriations Committee to support online and hybrid courses at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette (UL Lafayette) and to direct use of funds for services, equipment, and materials to support students, faculty, and staff participating in these courses.
- Electronic Resources
- Equipment and Materials
Format, subject, and content are the primary considerations for purchase of electronic resources that support distance learning.
- Electronic resources must be available in full text to all UL Lafayette users on and off campus.
- Resources that support specific online degrees offered by the University.
- Resources that support the instructional objectives of general education courses.
- Resources that support online and hybrid courses which are not part of an online degree program.
- Content of potential resources will be evaluated for relevancy to online/hybrid degree programs and courses. Requests and suggestions from distance learning faculty are welcome and will be considered.
- For electronic resources: Methods of evaluation, organization, licensing agreements, access, support, and review will follow the general guidelines of the Dupré Library Electronic Resources Collection Development Policy.
- Appropriations will be approved for applications or services that directly support distance learning, including resources that provide off-campus access to online articles, books, and other materials. These will be available for all UL Lafayette users.
- Initiation, continuation, or discontinuation of support resources will be based on continued need/demand, ability to support distance learners' needs, and cost.
Equipment & Materials
- Appropriations will be made for equipment, materials, and other tangible items will be made to support the library staff who perform distance learning services.
- Selection of equipment, materials, and other tangible items will be based on demand/need, performance, quality/durability, cost, and other criteria specific to individual items.
Last updated 2/9/12 by the DL App Committee.© Copyright 2012 by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- Last Updated: Jun 13, 2018 4:09 PM
- URL: https://louisiana.libguides.com/dlpolicy
- Print Page