Lafayette Reads Together 2021
- 2021 Book Choice
- Ways To Participate
- Related Resources
- Research Help
- Questions? Ask Us!
Dupré Library - Rm 152
Get a copy of Haben: the deafblind woman who conquered Harvard Law by Haben Girma
- Free copies of the book, donated by the Lafayette Public Library Foundation, will be available at all public library branches beginning Tuesday, January 19.
Join the Facebook group/online discussion
Virtual author visit with Haben Girma
- Thursday, February 25
- Facebook Live, 6:15
A Taste of Travel: Ethopian Cooking
Pick up a spice pack at Main or any regional library while supplies last
- Monday, January 25 (Ages 15 & up)
- Facebook Live, 6:30
Computer Braille Demonstration
- Wednesday, February 3 (All Ages)
- Zoom, 1:00 PM
Virtual LRT Book Discussion
Join Harlon W. Cowsar II from Families Helping Families of Acadiana
- Tuesday, February 9 (Ages 18 & up)
- Zoom, 6:00 PM
Learn about Louisiana Center for the Blind
A discussion with Pamela Allen, executive director of LCB
- Wednesday, February 10 (All Ages)
- Zoom, 6:30 PM
Social Media Accessibility Workshop by AOC
Learn to make your social media content more accessible for deaf and blind communities. The video will be available at AOC Virtual Workshops beginning February 1.
Join Basin Arts for adaptive dance classes. Classes are accessible and welcoming to all levels and abilities.
- Saturday, March 6 (Up to age 11 - Family DanceAbility)
- Zoom, 10:00 AM
- Saturday, March 6 (Ages 12 & up - Adult DanceAbility)
- Zoom, 11:00 AM
Journey to the Land of Origin Through Food
Chef Prince of Addis NOLA will take you through a virtual guided cooking demonstration of Ethiopian cuisine.
- Monday, March 1