Resources for Business Research
Hoover's Company Profiles
Includes information about more than 40,000 public and non-public companies and 225,000 key executives. Use the advanced search option to search by company. Subject coverage includes:
- Company overview
- Company history
- Officers and board members
- Products and operations
- Related industry information
- History financials
- Industry analyses
- Includes full-text newspapers, trade publications, journals, magazines and other news content.
- Information on over 80 million U.S. and international companies and more than 63 million executives. Select "Company Profiles" or "Dossiers" under the Companies heading in the Search By Content Type menu to access resources analyst reports, SEC filings and other financial reports.
- Select the "Create a Company List" tab on the main Company Dossier page to generate prospect lists of companies based on selected criteria, including revenue, SIC or NAICS, and location.
- Select the "Compare Companies" tab to enter up to five company names or ticker symbols for a comparison of financials. The report will compare balance sheet, income statement, and ratio information for companies listed on one of the US stock exchanges.
- Full-text of nearly 1800 worldwide business periodicals for in-depth coverage of business and economic conditions, management techniques, theory, and practice of business, advertising, marketing, economics, human resources, finance, taxation, computers, and more
- Expanded international coverage
- Information on 60,000 + companies with business and executive profiles
- Advanced Search interface allows you to search by company, or select the 'Data & Reports' tab to find company profiles, annual reports, industry reports and market reports.
- Database that includes financial statements filed by publicly traded companies with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Annual reports (Form 10-K) disclose information about a company's operations, finances, strategy, products and marketing. Look for the "Financial Statements and Supplementary Data" under Item 8 of the 10-K for the identity of the company's auditor and accountant report.
- Use the "Interactive Data" option available for many 10-K reports to see a company's accounting policies.