The purpose of the Edith Garland Dupré Library Distance Learning Appropriations Policy is to direct the addition, maintenance, and removal of library resources selected by the DL Approprations Committee to support online and hybrid courses at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette (UL Lafayette) and to direct use of funds for services, equipment, and materials to support students, faculty, and staff participating in these courses.
- Electronic Resources
- Equipment and Materials
Consideration of Electronic Resources
Format, subject, and content are the primary considerations for purchase of electronic resources that support distance learning.
- Electronic resources must be available in full text to all UL Lafayette users on and off campus.
- Resources that support specific online degrees offered by the university.
- Resources that support the instructional objectives of general education courses.
- Resources that support online and hybrid courses which are not part of an online degree program.
- Content of potential resources will be evaluated for relevancy to online/hybrid degree programs and courses. Requests and suggestions from distance learning faculty are welcome and will be considered.
- For electronic resources: Methods of evaluation, organization, licensing agreements, access, support, and review will follow the general guidelines of the Dupré Library Electronic Resources Collection Development Policy.
- Appropriations will be approved for applications or services that directly support distance learning, including resources that provide off-campus access to online articles, books, and other materials. These will be available for all UL Lafayette users.
- Initiation, continuation, or discontinuation of support resources will be based on continued need/demand, ability to support distance learners' needs, and cost.
Equipment and Materials
Equipment and Materials
- Appropriations will be made for equipment, materials, and other tangible items will be made to support the library staff who perform distance learning services.
- Selection of equipment, materials, and other tangible items will be based on demand/need, performance, quality/durability, cost, and other criteria specific to individual items.
Last updated 2/9/12 by the DL App Committee. © Copyright 2012 by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
Links to Guides
- Edith Garland Dupré Library Instruction Request Form
- Edith Garland Dupré Library Laptop Lending Service: Suspended
- A Guide to the Ernest J. Gaines Center
- Accounting Research
- Bridging Cultures Bookshelf: Muslim Journeys
- Commercial Document Delivery Providers
- Comparing Citation Managers
- Creating Permalinks
- Edith Garland Dupré Library Annual Caffery Competition. Call for Student Papers 2016
- Edith Garland Dupré Library Collection Development Departmental Representatives and Departmental Librarians
- Edith Garland Dupré Library Distance Learning Appropriations Policy
- Edith Garland Dupré Library Distance Learning Document and Book Delivery Policy
- Edith Garland Dupré Library Electronic Resources Collection Development Policy
- Edith Garland Dupré Library Policy on Acceptable Use of E-Resources
- Edith Garland Dupré Library Signage Policy
- Federal Depository Library for U.S. Government Information
- History 331: Colonial and Revolutionary America
- History 371: Environmental History of the Gulf South
- History 371: The Golden Age of Pirates and Piracy
- History 471: Oil and American History
- History 490: Women and Gender in Medieval Christianity
- History Graduate Research
- Integrating the Library into Moodle
- Introduction to Research
- Introduction to Research in History
- Legislative Research: Federal Resources
- Library Resources for Biology
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Resources for Chemical Engineering
- Resources for Chemistry
- Resources for Civil Engineering
- Resources for Communication Studies
- Resources for Counselor Education Students
- Resources for Distance Instructors
- Resources for Distance Learners
- Resources for Education
- Resources for Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Resources for French and Francophone Studies
- Resources for General Engineering
- Resources for Gifted Child Education
- Resources for Kinesiology
- Resources for Mechanical Engineering
- Resources for Nursing
- Resources for Petroleum Engineering
- Resources for Political Science
- Resources for Psychology
- Resources for Research
- Resources for RN-to-BSN Students
- Resources for Spanish
- Sociology 301
- The European Union
- United Nations
- University Records Management
- US Foreign Policy Resources
- Year in Review: Edith Garland Dupré Library